debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

A Certain Age: A Novel - Beatriz Williams

#ACERTAINAGE  AVAILABLE 6/28/16  AWESOME READ!  5 STARS!  @bcwilliamsbooks  @wmmorrowbooks  Here we have a manipulative, wealthy, sad and lonely old woman with her penniless, drunk, and lothario brother and her used, young, and curious lover on one side of the table. Then, we have a sweet, beautiful, naive debutante who is learning very quickly that things aren't as they seem. Throw in a seemingly rushed engagement and a decades old murder case and that sums up this book. Simple, huh?

Of course not. Ha!!! I absolutely loved this book! I was screaming at these characters as some motives were not in their best interests, i.e., the rushed engagement. Several I just wanted to slap over and over and over again. Ugh! And one, just when I thought he was out of the picture, he shows back up. As you can see, I felt a lot of emotions for these characters which , for me, only proves that the author did their job. Ms. Williams wrote an excellent book that touched me and entertained me. Can I give more than 5 stars?

Special thanks to Harper Collins and Edelweiss for allowing me to read and review this e-galley in exchange for an honest review.