debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

A Front Page Affair (Kitty Weeks Mystery) - Radha Vatsal

#AFRONTPAGEAFFAIR  AVAILABLE 5/1/16  GREAT READ!  #radhavatsal @sourcebooks   This was a pretty good book that took place in New York City during the time when Wilson was deciding what to do about the Lusitania. America was nervous and some were taking advantage of the neutrality. Then there was Kitty who was working as a "journalist" in the ladies section of a newspaper whose dream it was to be a "real" journalist.

She gets sent to a soirée in which there is a murder and her professional life changes overnight. For a while.

I think the author did a great job capturing the wants, dreams and disappointments of a young woman in the early 1900's who wanted to have a career. I found it interesting that even though she wasn't married, but as the daughter and only female, it was still her duty to get with maids and make sure that the daily and extra chores were done. I think just that little piece put a lot of Kitty's life into perspective.

I found this book to be entertaining and educational as I did learn a few things. I really liked how the author portrayed the characters and really felt as though I was reliving 1915. The sounds, the descriptions and the mannerisms just really did it for me.

I want to thank Sourcebooks and Net Galley for sharing a free e-galley with me in exchange for an honest review.