debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Daredevils - Shawn Vestal

#DAREDEVILS  AVAILABLE 4/12/16  4 STARS!  INTERESTING READ  @vestal13 @PenguinPbks This was a different kind of book in that for the most part it dealt with two brothers and their families. One was a Mormon and was a polygamist. They lived miles apart until their father died and then the polygamist brother moved his family next door to his brother in his father's house. So the book dealt with those differences.

Then each family had a seventeen year old. The mormon's had a son and the other family had a very unhappy sister wife. They decide they aren't happy with their lives and leave. So this is a major part of the book.

Then there is this fascination with Evil Knievel by the Mormon son and his feats and words of wisdom come into the book. I never really got this part and why he was in the book, but I did learn some things.

While the book kept me interested for the most part as I wanted to see what would happen to the kids and the families. And I did feel sad for the sister wife. I just don't understand that logic at all.

As I said, this book definitely held my interest, but I did not like the ending. I thought Loretta deserved better than that. My hackles were raised left and right with Dean, I was so waiting for something to come down and strike him. Ugh, he was gross. He makes me shiver thinking about him and not in a good way.

Thanks to Penguin Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.