debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper - Phaedra Patrick

#CURIOUSCHARMSOFARTHURPEPPER  This was the second book I'd read this year about charm bracelets. They are just so appealing and there are so many memories right there at the end of your arm.

This was an interesting one as the main character, Arthur, was a recent widower who after a year still desperately misses his wife. I found Arthur for the most part to be a very, very sad man. Yet, when he got out and socialized he was a different person, but still sad.

I think the writer did a great job coming up with the story and writing it. Miriam had led a very interesting life before meeting Arthur, which he came to find out. But I just couldn't help but feel sad throughout the whole book. It was like there was this black cloud hanging over me the whole time I was reading it. I know the ending wasn't sad, but when I was finished with the book, I still just felt sad. I'm not going to analyze why or try to give reasons. I'm just saying how I felt.

Thanks to Bookreporter for picking my name to win a copy of this book in hopes that I would write a review about this book.