debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Just Like Me - Nancy J. Cavanaugh

#JUST LIKE ME  4 STARS!  AVAILABLE 4/1/16  GREAT YA!!  @nancyjcavanaugh  @sourcebooks  This was a nice little YA book about being adopted. It also included children who were fostered and ones whose parents had separated. It helps those kids understand that they are not alone and that there are others out there that don't necessarily live with their real parents or both parents. I think it's good for all middle graders though, as well, because it teaches them about "different" families and helps them to see how the kids feel.

I think the author did a great job. The characters were definitely believable with a lot of teenage angst, but it wasn't so much that it turned me off. Actually, I finished reading the book with a good feeling because there were several lessons learned. And, I think these lessons were learned in an entertaining way, not a preaching way.

Thanks to Sourcebooks for approving my request and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.