debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

A Lady in the Smoke: A Victorian Mystery - Karen Odden

#THELADYINSMOKE 4.5 Stars!!  AVAILABLE 3/29  LOVED IT!!  @oddenKare  @randomhouse  This is one of my favorite historical periods to read about. And, I loved that it was part of this book. I loved the story, the characters and the writing. I was not ready for the book to end. I had really grown to like these characters and was sad to see the hours and minutes counting down and seeing the time I had left with growing smaller and smaller.

There was a little bit of everything in this book. Drama, secrets, suspense, mystery, romance, bribery, falsehoods, blackmail, murder, sabotage, you name it, this book had it. The list of suspects and crimes were so long. There was hardly a person without fault in the whole book. Excluding the main characters, of course. I know I loved this book and would definitely recommend it. I hadn't heard of it and received an email from the publisher asking if I would like to read it. I'm so glad I said yes!!!

Thanks Random House Alibi for bringing this great story to my attention and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.