debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Watcher in the Wall (A Stevens and Windermere Novel) - Owen Laukkanen

#THEWATCHERINTHEWALL   AVAILABLE 3/15/16  5 STARS!!  @owenlaukkanen @PenguinPbks  OH MY, WHAT A READ!!!!  I woke up this morning thinking I would start on this book. I have missed this author. He's put out two books that somehow or another I missed. I was so happy when I got approved! My plan was to read a little and then get some things done around the house. Well, that didn't happen. The whole day passed by me while I was totally immersed in this book. I couldn't put it down and I couldn't read it fast enough.

This was one creepy guy hell bent on a mission and nothing or no one was going to stop him. I am still trying to take deep breaths and calm my body down. My heart has been at least double beating for hours now, maybe even triple beating. This one is definitely going on my best of 2016 list! I can't say enough good things about this book. The action started at the beginning and did not let up. This is one thriller you should not miss.

On a personal note, I worked for eight years across the street from the Louisville Galleria Mall that is mentioned in this book. I ate lunch there almost every day. That's way creepy.

Also, on another personal note, tears came to my eyes when I read the author's acknowledgments. The underlying subject is a very sad one. I recently attended a funeral of a teenager I knew who committed suicide. It is very real and very, very sad. Bullying needs to stop and stop now. And yes, if your a teenager or adult considering suicide, talk to someone, get help.

Huge thanks to Penguin Books Putnam for approving my request so quickly and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.