debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The House by the Lake - Ella Carey

#THEHOUSEBYTHELAKE  4 STARS!  AVAILABLE 3/29/16  @Ella_Carey  #LAKEUNIONPUB This was definitely an interesting book. To find an apartment in France that hadn't been lived in for 70 years and then to find a house in Germany that hadn't been lived in for almost that long. Seems impossible. Of course, the one in Germany was fictional, but made for a great story.

This was a great story and such a sad one, as well. The story moves from present time when Anna's grandfather is in his 90's back to his younger days during the war. It's not hard to keep up as the author does a good job letting you know what time period your in.

I liked this story a lot. It was very entertaining, intriguing and sad. I whipped through this one because I just had to know the story. What happened during the war? I recommend this to any one who has a heart. It is a beautiful story.

Thanks Lake Union Publishing for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.