debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Dear Thing - Julie Cohen

#DEARTHING  4.5 STARS!  AVAILABLE 3/29/16  @Julie_Cohen  @StMartinsPress  I really, really liked this book a lot. I don't know why, but I kept letting it sit there on my TBR pile, passing it by for yet another book. Finally it came down to almost crunch time and it was next on the list. I could pass it up no more. What an eejit to have let this book sit there so long.

I loved the story, the characters were so believable and I found myself going back and forth. One minute I was for them, the next I wasn't. And it was all because of human emotions and how that character dealt with situations. A character can't get more real than that for me. I mean the only one I didn't want to slap at times was the seven year old!

I think it was the title that kind of through me off, but once I started reading it and realized what the title actually meant, bring on the tissues.

This was a wonderfully written story with great characters that i think if your into women's fiction and only read one book, this should be it. I just can't say enough good things about this book and how much I liked it.

Thanks St. Martin's Press for approving my request and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.