debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Jane Steele  - Lyndsay Faye

#JANESTEELE  5 STARS  AVAILABLE 3/22/16  GREAT BOOK!  @LyndsayFaye  @PutnamBooks  I LOVED this book!! Jane was quite the little protagonist and she nor any of her friends were going to take any crap off of anyone. Neither Jane nor the reader knows a lot of the secrets about Jane until close to the end of the book. However, what the reader does learn and find out will definitely make you want to keep on reading. She is quite the instigator, but only when pushed into being so. And then, watch out. You do not want to be on her bad side.

This was one of those books that I could not put down. It just would not let me. There were so many things going on and Jane just a child out in the world on her own. It's truly a wonder she made it all. Lyndsay Faye describes the roughness of London down to a tee, in fact you can even smell the odors coming from the street and the people. While I love reading about that time period, I could never live then. Gross!!

When I saw that this book was not about Timothy or Valentine at all, I was a little disappointed, but my disappointment did not last long. I immediately liked Jane and her thoughts and how she would talk to the "reader". It gave it a more personal feel for me. Maybe that is how Jane Eyre is written, alas, I must admit I have never read it. :(

I have read this one though, and I most certainly recommend it. I think it is her best book yet!! There is a little bit of everything in here. Suspense, kidnapping, murder, romance, theft, spying, treason, embezzlement and a little basic edge of your seat action. HA! Pick it up and see what you think.

Huge thanks to Putnam Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.