debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

She's Not There: A Novel - Joy Fielding

#SHE'SNOTTHERE  AVAILABLE 2/23/16  4.5 STARS  @randomhouse  @joyfielding

Of course, when I read the description of this book, I immediately thought of the little girl Madeline McCann. That was such a horrible news story. Anyways, to the book.

This showed what the disappearance of a little girl can do to a family. And believe me, this was not a family anymore. There was no love, just humans doing what they had to do to get through the day to day life. The first part of the book was actually pretty sad, which, of course, you would expect it to be.

Then the one day, Carole gets a call. Could it be? I'm not going to spoil anything for you. However, I can tell you that the book was very well written and the characters were very believable. I'm not going to say what I think should have happened to the father of the daughter who was lost, I will leave those thoughts to myself. As for the ending of the book, it was definitely a jaw dropper. I would definitely recommend this book. While the fighting between the oldest daughter and the mother could get a little on your nerves (it's to be expected) I could not put it down. I wanted, needed, had to know did they get Samantha back.

Thanks to Random House for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. This one will rip your heart out, literally.