debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

What Lies Between Us: A Novel - Nayomi Munaweera

#WhatLiesBetweenUs  Available 2/16/16

I'm not really sure how to review this book. There were parts that I found good, parts that I found okay, parts that I found disgusting, and parts that I totally skipped over. This book raised so many emotions in me. Some good and some bad. It was interesting to read about a culture so different than ours.

What I really don't understand is if the protagonist suffered such trauma as a child, why was her mother so insistent that she have one of her own? That part I really didn't understand.

I will say, however, that anything said above has nothing to do with the author. The writing was good and the characters were well developed. The disgusting parts had to do with Samson and the skipped pages had to do with the sex. Those are my issues not hers.

While I understand this is not really a glowing review, it's not really a scathing review either. It just kind of left me feeling meh.

Thanks St. Martin's Press for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.