debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

When the Sky Fell Apart - Caroline Lea

#WhentheSkyFellApart  Available 2/25/16  4 Stars  @kensingtonbooks @CarolineleaLea

I think the author did a great job with the story and the characters. She showed great emotional development, comradery between the islanders and a feeling to help each other against the enemy. The story was mostly about the islanders and how they felt and dealt with the Germans taking over their island, their homes, their food and their lives. There weren't any horror stories about any of the main characters, other than the little girl. In fact, there were really only two Germans that were named throughout the whole book. They were there but mostly in the background. I enjoyed reading it and how people started treating the doctor differently and then started going to Edith instead. (If this part doesn't make sense, I say buy the book and figure it out, HA!)

Seriously, the author told a great story with great characters that did keep me interested and absorbed.

Thanks to Kensington Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.