debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Guest Room: A Novel - Chris Bohjalian

#TheGuestRoom  Available 1/5/16  5 Stars!  @doubledaypub  @chrisbohjalian

Wow, I absolutely did not see 3/4 of this book happening. I definitely did not see the ending happening. Talk about a party gone wrong. No way in your worst nightmare could you see this coming. I don't want to give out any spoilers, but I'm sitting here shaking my head just thinking about what went on in this book. I am still blown away.

This was an excellent story. It was so gripping and had me going through so many emotions. On one page my blood would boil and then the next page, my heart would break. It was fantastically written and the characters so human. I cannot say enough good things about this book. I read it all in one sitting because I did not want to put it down. I can see this being THE book of 2016. I know that it will definitely up there for me.

The funniest thing is, I thought that I had been rejected for this book, so I just yesterday put it on my wish list on Amazon to remind me that I wanted it. (Yes, the list is that long). And today when I woke up, there it was, waiting for me on my Net Galley shelf.

A huge, huge thanks to Doubleday Books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.