debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Big Brush-off: A Jake & Laura Mystery - Michael Murphy

#TheBigBrush-Off  Available 2/9/16  4 Stars  @RandomHouse  @mmurfy68

Yay, Jake and Laura are back. There's not a lot of name dropping this time as the scene is set in a small town. They are the ones who's names are being dropped. This time, Jake's novels are becoming lackluster and he's being asked to look into a ten year old cold case. And no one in this small town wants a ten year old murder being brought back up.

Of course, Jake and Laura are their gracious selves, and conduct their lives inn the Hollywood way they've come to live by. Laura is being pestered to go back to LA, but will have nothing to do with it. She is going to help Jake figure out this mystery. Hollywood will wait for her, she says throwing back her scarf. HA!!

So it's another fun journey with one of my favorite couples while they try to figure out which of their four suspects killed a teenage girl ten years ago. As always, the story was entertaining, fun and enjoyable. I always look forward to Jake and Laura and now have to sit back and patiently wait for the next one.

Thanks to Random House/Alibi for approving my request, to Michael Murphy for reminding me and to Net Galley for providing me with the free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. You simply must read this series dahling! HA!