debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

No Ordinary Life - Suzanne Redfearn

#NoOrdinaryLife  Available 2/2/16  4 Stars  @GrandCentralPub  @SuzanneRedfearn

I really liked this book about a single mom whose husband has decided to just run off and leave his wife and three kids for about a year. She's trying to make ends meet and ends up having to move to LA and live with her mother in her condo. Her precocious little four year old daughter gets "discovered" while they are out at an outdoor mall putting in job applications for a waitress job. This leads to a commercial and then to a starring role on the number one TV show.

Of course, the dad sees the commercial and comes running back with his girlfriend with his hand out.

The story is funny, sad, emotional, crushing, sincere and entertaining. I enjoyed the story, as well as most of the characters. The author did a great job with both as I really didn't want to leave the story when it ended. I felt that I had become a part of this family and wanted to stick around and see them grow up. It was a pleasurable and satisfying read in that the good got theirs and the bad got theirs.

Thanks to Grand Central Publishing for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing the free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I would definitely recommend picking up this book and spending an afternoon with the Martin family.