debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Doll's House - M.J. Arlidge

#TheDoll'sHouse  Available 2/2/16 @BerkleyNAL #M.J.ARLIDGE  4.5 Stars! I think the more books I read by this author, the more I like him. I didn't care much for his first one and the second one was a little better. However, this one? This one had my heart pumping and my blood boiling. It was suspenseful as a young girl was missing and the story would visit with her while she was being held in a windowless building. The whole time the police the were looking for her. That's why my heart was pumping. My blood was boiling because the lead detective was more interested in her jealous rage over DI Grace than finding out where this teenage girl was being kept. I wanted to reach right through the pages and grab this horrific woman right by the neck and choke her until she was breathing no more. What a horrible boss she was. Glad to get that off my chest.

As for the rest of the story, it was very creepy and definitely had me on the edge of my seat. And when all the answers came to light, it was extremely creepy. This definitely kept me entertained and I did not want to put it down. As my enjoyment has ramped up with each book I have read by this author, I am most enthusiastically waiting for the next title. M. J. Arlidge, in my opinion, just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks Berkley Press for approving my request and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I wholeheartedly recommend this book.