debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Final Seven - Erica Spindler

#TheFinalSeven  Available 2/11/16  5 Stars!  @EricaSpindler

Erica Spindler has gone and changed genre's on us and I loved it!! Known for her romantic suspense novels or just plain suspense, she takes a step into the paranormal side. Thankfully, there are no vampires or werewolves.

Her latest book, first in a series, takes place in New Orleans and deals with rough, tough, take no prisoners female detective who just happens to look like a blonde Angelina Jolie. Now I've seen a blonde Angelina Jolie in "Girl Interrupted" and frankly, that girl scared me. HA! She's set up with a new partner who resembles but is better looking than Bradley Cooper (impossible) who just happens to have a sixth sense and can feel things normal humans can't. It's a fight between the light and the dark side. And, it's the beginning of a new unit for the NOPD which is highly secret and definitely under cover.

I can tell you once I began reading this book, I took a liking to both these characters and the story just grabbed me. I could not put it down. Paranormal is not my normal genre, per se, but I have and will read it. Ms. Spindler put a twist into this one that truly made it believable for me and entertaining. I can't recommend this one enough. It's available 2/11/16. Having read this one, I already look forward to the next one!

Huge thanks to Erica Spindler books for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.