debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Ask Him Why - Catherine Ryan Hyde

5 Stars!  #AskHimWhy  #LakeUnionPublishing  @cryanhyde

This was my first book by Catherine Ryan Hyde and it won't be my last. I ordered "Take Me with You" just this morning as it was the book of the day on one of those sites I receive in my daily e-mail. I was only halfway through this book and I knew I wanted to read more of her work.

This book was so good. I don't think that my review can even begin to let you imagine how good it was. It was so emotional and such a heart felt story. I felt myself asking the characters all the way through the book the title of the story, "Ask Him Why?". Then when I heard the reason, it really got to me.

There's a lot of heart break in this story and none of it regards romance. It's the heart break of a family. One that was never a real family to begin with as it had a lot of silences and not a lot of hugs or love. But one that to no one's surprise grew more distant as the years went on. Joseph's story takes that family even more distant. They stayed in touch because it was expected, not so much as they wanted to.

After many years, Joseph is back. Still no one knows his story and the distance is still there. Can the telling of his story bring this family back together or are the pains too difficult to deal with?

Without a question of a doubt I recommend this book. It will touch, at least it did me, and it will make you think. Definitely a great story with real human characters.

A huge thanks to Lake Union Publishing and Net Galley for approving me and providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.