debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Whistling Women - Kelly Romo

5 Stars!  #Whistling Women  Lake Union Pub  @KellyAnneRomo

I loved this book!!! I tried to read it all in one sitting, but it was getting daylight and I had errands to run today. I cannot praise this book enough!

I absolutely loved the characters - Mary cracked me up with her "yes, darling". It was as if I really knew the characters and was with them throughout the book. And the story as a whole, had me so intrigued. I just kept wanting to slap Wavey for what she did to her sister and how she kept turning her away. And the scene with Rumor and Mildred towards the end, that was just classic!

There was just so much good about this book. I know it will be on my Top 12 for 2015! It was seriously that good. You knew there were secrets and they would come out a little bit at a time. Then I would go OMG! Then towards the end when all the secrets came out and I picked up my jaw from off my Ipad. I actually had goosebumps at how well the author had put the whole thing together. It was like she was working a puzzle and knew exactly where every piece went the first time she held it.

I cannot recommend this book enough. I haven't really heard any buzz about this book, but there should be. There should be a lot of buzz.

A HUGE thanks to Lake Union Publishing and Net Galley for providing me with this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. Serious readers need to get on the bandwagon and be ahead of the crowd on this one, it's that good!!