debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Fate of the Union - Max Allan Collins, Dan John Miller, Matthew V. Clemens

5 Stars!  #FateoftheUnion  Thomas&Mercer  @MaxAllanCollins

This book grabbed me from the beginning and would not let go. This book had so many angles going on that there was no way anyone could put them all together. You've got an ex-Secret Service man who commits suicide; you've got someone going around and putting two bullets in people's heads that have absolutely no connection; you've got assassinate attempts and a brand new kind of explosive. Oh, and people are being murdered every day. Reeder steps in knowing his friend did not commit suicide - who carries a Glock and hangs himself?

The author did an excellent job of keeping me up late, as I could not put this book down. There are so many suspects and so many lies being told that you don't know what to think. Just when you think you know "who did it", they get shot or killed somehow. It was definitely a page turner and I highly recommend it!! Start it way before bedtime though.

Huge thanks to Thomas and Mercer and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I had read and met the author before, but somehow he slipped through the cracks. I won't forget him in the future!