debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Circle: A Novel - Bernard Minier

4.5 stars #TheCircle @StMartinsPress  Bernard Minier
Wow! That was some journey!! There were so many things going on in this book that I thought I was going to have to start taking notes and don't even get me started on the foreign names. That being said, once I got it all figured out and the story got going, it was rolling. But then, it would go off on a tangent and talk about this girl in a dungeon? That I didn't get at all, of course, until the very end. The author put a lot of little things in there that didn't seem like anything at the time, but later on in the book, you were like "Aha, that's what that meant". For the most part, the pages just kept turning for me.

However, there were a couple of times, that just wasn't the case. There were a few times the author went off on a tangent that I think could have been left out of the book and it would not have hurt it a bit. I won't say which times, because I don't want to add any spoilers. I just know that I would be in a frenzy of reading and then I would all of a sudden be slowed down on something totally stupid and I would be like "Ugh, get to the good stuff!!". I mean the book was long enough as it was. It did not need any fluff. Or like right in the middle of a scene or close to a good scene, the author would try and show the human side of a certain character. By then no one really cares whether this person is human or not. They know they are not a robot and they want to know who did it!

(Clearing of throat) Other than that, it was definitely a great read with lots of cliff hangers. The author would be about to tell you something going on with one scene and cut to the next. I mean it's a wonder I have any fingernails left. And because there were so many stories going on, he did this a lot, which I liked. I'm serious. Put away your No-Doz, your energy drinks, your caffeine or whatever. Those could be considered suicidal while reading this book.

A HUGE thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I had never heard of this author and would probably still not have if it hadn't been for you guys. I HIGHLY recommend this book!!