debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Red Tide: A Billy Knight Thriller (Billy Knight Thrillers) - Jeff Lindsay

4 Stars! #RedTideBillyKnight  @DiversionBooks @dexterjeff

I still miss Dexter, but Billy Knight is growing on me. The quirky characters and the setting kind of remind me of Tim Dorsey's books, kind of.

This book was very entertaining and written in a style that kind of reminded me of Dexter, but it wasn't quite the same. Billy is always just helping out his buddies, thinking it will be just an easy little job, but no it never is. He never intends at the start to put his life on the line, but unfortunately for him, his heart is bigger than his brain. But fortunately for the reader, he is a very likable character who hangs out with some strange people and encounters some even stranger people who make the story just this side of believable.

I found this book to be very entertaining, with several chuckles and several shakes of my head thinking "these guys are idiots". But it's all just a day in the life of Billy Knight. I also loved the setting of Key West. I love that place!

Thanks Diversion Books and Net Galley for providing me with this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I loved it and would recommend this book to everyone.