debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Bradstreet Gate: A Novel - Robin Kirman

4 stars  #BradstreetGate  @crownpublishing  Robin Kirman

I liked this book. It was strange in many ways. The three characters that seemed to come together during their years at Harvard were not three characters that I would think would naturally meld together. Actually, they are not three characters I could see melding with anyone. And, then for them to still be in touch with each other ten years later is definitely strange.

The fact that the author does not come out and tell you who murdered Julia Patel is also a strange one. You can basically surmise who did it, but in your mind, are you sure?

This was definitely a strange book.

It got off to a slow start at the very beginning as Georgia was portrayed as just not a little ditzy, but a lot. But what you didn't know what that she just had a baby and her husband has cancer. Then the book takes you back to the college days when everyone is just meeting each other. I had to go back and read the beginning again myself as there were a couple of days that I didn't read it and couldn't remember how it started.

I basically enjoyed reading this book as it kept me interested as I think all three of the main characters were a little quirky and strange. The teacher was creepy and the way he just kept showing up at places was even creepier.

If your into creepy and kind of like a Twilight Zoneish kind of story, then this one is for you.

Huge thanks to Crown Publishing and Net Galley for a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.