debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

I Will Marry George Clooney (By Christmas) - Tracy  Bloom

4.5 stars  IWILLMARRYGEORGECLOONEY  @TracyBBloom  @LAWsomeTweets
This book has got some of the cheesiest moments I have ever read in a book and I LOVED it!!! However, the majority of it was pretty realistic. There were a couple of times when the story went back in time and I was like "Huh?". But I'm not sure it that's due my old age or maybe a couple of the brain cells I might have killed in the '70 or '80's. I figured it out, just took me a few minutes. I will tell you that my jaw definitely dropped when I found out who Josie's dad was, that was one huge shocker!!

I think the author did an awesome job with this. The road trip to deliver Chaz was just about the right length. Any longer and I think she definitely would have lost the reader. I know throughout most of the book, I was speeding through the pages to see if she really did get to meet George Clooney. I knew there was no way she would marry him, but just the thrill of meeting him would have been enough for me. And no, I'm not going to tell you whether she does or not. What fun would that be for a reader? And, the final scene, her last day at work, okay the VERY cheesiest and most romantic and while I didn't sob, I did well up a tear or two.

While there was a lot of talk about sex, the author didn't feel as though she needed to spell it out for us, so there were no pages that I had to skip, so that part was good (for me).

While I guess you would call this a romance, it was much more than that. It was about friendship, family, community, charity, growing up, responsibilities and dreams. It was a very entertaining book which I highly recommend!

Thanks Lawsome Books and Net Galley for providing me with this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I truly enjoyed this book and think it would be good for YA, (older ones as there is some language) adults and Green Bay Cheeseheads. HA!!!