debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Rising: Murder, Heartbreak, and the Power of Human Resilience in an American Town - Ryan D'Agostino

4 stars!  #TheRising  @CrownPublishing  @rhdagostino

This was a true crime story, but that's not all it was about. It was the rising out of the ashes of a man, a father and a husband.

A horrible tragic event occurred in 2007 that left Bill Petit for dead, his house in ashes and his wife and two daughters raped and murdered. This was a premeditated crime in which both criminals (that is way too nice of a name for them) were caught leaving the house in the family van. Both blamed the other, yet there were phone calls alluding to both being in on the act and both were given a trial of their peers.

This is truly the story of Bill Petit and how he dealt with losing his whole family while he was half dead, losing 5 to 7 pints of blood, tied up in his basement, hearing little, while his family was dying just above him.

It was a very interesting read and it's hard to say that it was enjoyable due to the circumstances. So I will just say that it was an uplifting read which I am glad that I read.

Thanks to Blogging for Books and Crown Publishers for providing me this tragic, but rememberable book in exchange for an honest review.