debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Hiding Places - Erin Healy

4 stars!  #HidingPlaces  @ThomasNelson  @erinhealybooks
I really liked this book a lot! There was a lot going on. A gang member gets shot, a pawn broker gets murdered and his store gets vandalized, a wanderer wrecks his motorcycle into a cougar and a resort lodge that has been in a family for decades becomes the focal point where all of the action from the whole book comes together.

In a way, it's kind of funny, but while your reading it, it's kinda serious. It's definitely thriller and will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat. There are a lot of bad guys in this book and they do not have a conscience. They are part of a gang and they are on a mission that they WILL complete.

In the middle of everything is eleven year old Kate, pure as the driven snow, but not stupid. She knows a lot of secrets, but she holds on to these secrets. Then you have Great Grandma Pearl. Is she crazy as a loon or is it just an act? Then there are the family secrets that everyone has and is hiding. It all comes out of the woodwork when all these strangers with guns come into their peaceful little resort with evil in their hearts.

This was definitely one that I could not put down. There were so many things going on. I didn't yell at this book though. It was a more peaceful frenzy as there were a few moments to breath stuck in there.

Huge thanks to Thomas Nelson for providing me with a free ARC in exchange for an honest review. I was thoroughly entertained and loved it. I highly recommend this book!