debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Pretending to Dance - Diane Chamberlain

4.5 stars!  #PretendingtoDance  @StMartinsPress  @D_Chamberlain
WARNING! You will need tissues for the ending of this book.

I LOVED this book!! I enjoyed the historic part better than the present day part. I got a little tired of the whining about whether or not they would get the baby, but I can understand the frustration. Wow, her adopted mother killed her father and her birth mother lived right down the street. That's some serious dysfunction there. But hey, it is North Carolina. I got relatives there and part of my family tree is one straight branch, so I know all about that. HA! But that's all I can say about that because I can't give you any spoilers, your just going to have to buy the book to find out. But it will seriously make you say "WHAT?" when the true story comes out. Well, okay I did.

The story deals with a lot of things and dancing is just a small, very small part of it. I found this to be very entertaining, intriguing, and I really got into the story. I was definitely wanting to slap Molly several times especially when Stacy told her Chris was with another girl the weekend she was on the book tour and then she still met him. But, girls know everything at the ripe old age of fourteen. Right!

Anyway, thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I highly recommend this book. Come on, it's Diane Chamberlain for goodness sakes. How could you go wrong?