debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

My Secret to Tell - Natalie D. Richards

3.5 Stars!  #MySecrettoTell  @Sourcebooks  @NatDRichards
This one read quite differently for a YA to me. Yes, it had the teenage girl whining does he like, do I like him. But the story seemed to be for a little bit older group than YA, although I'm sure they would enjoy it.

At the beginning, I almost gave up on the book because I was a little (okay a lot) sick of hearing Emmie complain about Derrick and where was he, blah, blah, blah. Thankfully, we got away from that and the action started. I think the book could have been shortened and that part left out and it would have been a much better book. Although I was entertained and did enjoy it once it started picking up. There was another time when the action got going towards the end and then all of a sudden it slowed down and they were not in danger and had time to mug down or whatever. I mean my heart beat was rising and I was really getting into it and then BAM, nothing. I felt I need a cold shower before I could finish the book. My senses were so ready for some action and to see what in the heck was going on here. It was a good read, just a few little technicalities for me.

Thanks Sourcebooks and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.