debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Gold Coast Blues: A Jules Landau Mystery - Marc Krulewitch

4 Stars!  #GoldCoastBlues @makkrul  @randomhouse
Wow, this book had so many players and so many players that it was terribly hard to guess just what in the heck was going on. I mean the story wasn't hard to follow, but guessing what was actually going on. There's no way I was ever going to figure that one out.

Everyone is looking out for this girl named Tanya and everyone has a different reason why. Some people you know their reason, and some people you don't. You've got an ex-con paying a private investigator looking for her, then you have a rogue cop looking for her, then the FBI just happens to be looking for her and let's just go ahead and throw in some wine counterfeiters while we're at it. Then there's the jilted girlfriend who thinks she's dead because she killed her and the jilted boyfriend who thinks she's dead because why would she leave him? When you think about it, it's all kind of funny. But when you're reading about it, it's not funny, it's some serious. Some of these people looking for her mean business and it's not the kind of business that leaves you breathing.

I truly enjoyed this book. I thought it well written, entertaining, definitely held my interest and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this book!

Hugh thanks to Random House Alibi and Net Galley for providing me a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.