debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Avenue of Spies: A True Story of Terror, Espionage, and One American Family's Heroic Resistance in Nazi-Occupied Paris - Alex Kershaw

4.5 stars!  #AvenueofSpies  @CrownPublishing  @kershaw_alex

This was definitely an interesting and informative book. It mostly dealt with one family (a husband, wife and their young son) who lived on Avenue Foch which just happened to be one of the richest streets of Paris during the second World War.

The father was a doctor who was instrumental in getting a lot of people out of Paris and into ally countries. His wife was instrumental in getting involved with the resistance.

Of course, there were other players in the book but these were the main ones. The story starts before Germany captures Paris and ends when Germany falls. It gives a total insight as to the inner working of the Third Reich and how some of the officers were not exactly playing by the book. I've read books that talk about the Germans coming in and taking over Paris and how they would act. But this book tells exactly what was going on behind the scenes and it gives a clearer picture about the train rides and the camps.

I would like to thank Blogging for Books and the publisher for providing me with this e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed it and I highly recommend it. It's not a fun read, but unfortunately it's a factual read.