debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Front Yard - Norman R. Draper

4 stars  #FrontYard  @KensingtonBooks   Norman Draper

OMG this is the goofiest book I have ever read. Nan and George Fremont have the best lawn in the whole town of Livia. They have a sign that says so. They also have an enemy who thinks that sign should be in her yard. The measures that she will go to to get that sign are fricking hilarious and ridiculous. They also have a woman who used to own their property. She now works for the historical society and swears there is buried treasure on the Fremont's land. She will do anything to get to that buried treasure. She has two men who she calls on to help in her hellbent actions to get to that treasure. They are total idiots.

I chuckled a lot during this book and there were a few laugh out loud moments. I have never seen so many idiotic tactics in my life. I mean the ruses were so blatant. Luckily Nan and George saw through most of them, even if it was already past happy hour.

I really enjoyed this book. It was like nothing I have read before. It definitely kept me interested and laughing. I think in order to live in Livia, you have to be mental or just plain quirky. I did not come across a normal character throughout the whole book. I do have say the fight scene with the flowers was way too cheesy, but other than that, I enjoyed the book and would highly recommend it.

Thanks Kensington Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I found it highly entertaining, enjoyable and very comical.