debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Last September - Nina de Gramont

4 stars  #TheLastSeptember @Ninadegramont  @Algonquinbooks
This is the story of three boys who pretty much grew up together. They all spent their summers together on the East Coast. Two of them are brothers. And they were all at one time or another involved with Brett. Hmmmm. Just saying stating the facts. The one was a best friend in college. One she was engaged to be married to. One she met at a frat party and years later met again on the day of her engagement announcement and ended up leaving her fiance that day to marry this guy years later.

Now years later (she still keeps in touch with all of them) their daughter is 15 months old and her husband is murdered. The main suspect is his brother who has been diagnosed with a schizophrenia disorder. They finally find him, but they determine he's not the culprit. Is Brett the culprit after all?

This was definitely one that really keep you thinking and wondering. You assume during the whole thing that it's the brother. But other evil forces are at work here although everything points to Eli. I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it. I think some of the guys that Brett latches onto are weirdos, but to each their own.

I would like to thank Algonquin Books and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I found it very entertaining and very enjoyable.