debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Did You Ever Have A Family - Bill Clegg

4.5 stars  #Didyoueverhaveafamily  @BillClegg1

In one night June loses her whole family when her gas stove blows up. Her ex-husband, her boyfriend, her daughter and her daughter's fiancee. June just happens to be in the back yard because her and her boyfriend are having a little argument and she's not ready to go inside the house yet. She is devastated. The rest of the book brings into play other characters that somehow, someway know the people who were in the house that night.

This story is all about human emotion, hurting the ones we love, ignoring the ones we love, taking for granted the ones we love, and using the ones we love. It is a great story which I truly loved. The character development was great. There were a lot of them, so sometimes it was hard to keep up with who was who for me, but I'm just old may have just been the problem. There are several quirky characters as well. There are some actions taken by some that are just not excusable at all. There are bad people, mean people, good people, great people, selfish people and lowlifes. It's a mixed breed of all types of people.

It was just one of those stories you can't put down. I really thought it was Lolly that was in room 6. I thought maybe somehow, she got out of the house. Darn.

Thanks to Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.