debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Cover Story (A Joe Gale Mystery) - Brenda Buchanan

4.5 stars

When I first started reading this book, I had to go back and look at the chapter headings several times and yes it was pretty much present day, but it read like old school detective. I loved it!!! And the suspects, they were coming out of the woodwork, and no I didn't get it right. I felt sure that I knew who it was about a third of the way through and was so disappointed. But, nope, I was so wrong. Yay!!!

This was a great story about people in high places in a small little town who thought they could do whatever they wanted to do. One of their own had been killed, a man who was not very nice at all, and they wanted justice. Even though their own man had done lots worse. The story was interesting and held my interest, I just could not read it fast enough. I particular liked the characters and no, I didn't know that about Emma. Didn't see any signs. The story was short and went pretty fast. It had quite a lot of action and a few jaw dropping moments with a very surprising ending. I highly recommend the book!

Thanks to Carina Press and Net Galley for providing the free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.