debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel - Nina George, Simon Pare

4.5 stars

This was a great story with some really great characters.

Jean is a bookseller who sells books off of a barge that has been anchored on the Seine for over 20 years. One day he decides that he is going to travel and try to relieve himself of the grief he is feeling. He has just found out that the love of his life died 22 years ago. Max, a tenant from his apartment building, has just written a number one best seller and his publisher is looking for another one. He has major writer block. He just happens by as Jean is pushing off, he jumps on, he needs a journey as well. Along the way, they pick up Salvo who is looking for the love of his life, Vivette, and he joins the crew. The adventures that these guy have are pretty crazy and they definitely run into some quirky characters.

Each character does find something, but it may or may not be necessarily what they were looking for.

While I did thoroughly enjoy this book, I took off a half star, because I felt it bogged down somewhat a little bit before the ending. It had been pretty much on an even pace throughout the whole book until then.

I would like to thank Blogging for Books for giving me a copy of this book to read and review in exchange for an honest review. I definitely recommend the book.