debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

The Perfect Comeback of Caroline Jacobs: A Novel - Matthew Dicks
4.5 stars.

Were you ever bullied in high school and wanted to go back and get revenge on that person? Well, that's what this story is about.

Caroline believes all her adult frustrations are caused by Emily and what she did to her in the lunch cafeteria back in high school. After being bullied once more by the head of the PTO, she and her daughter take a trip back to her hometown to get revenge once and for all.

However, it's not a vindictive revenge and in the end, she's not able to do it and backs out. However, with her daughter's careful planning, she has no choice.

The story will really hit home to every one who has been bullied by their best friend in high school. To every mother who has a teenage daughter. And to everyone looking to find guilt wherever they can and won't let go of it.

This was a very good book that dealt with a lot of emotions and guilt and hard feelings that had been brewing for over 25 years. An adult who had been harboring these feelings with a teenage daughter in which they did not have a relationship, well not a very good one. I think this story was very well written. I loved the characters and yes I did shed a few tears at the end.
The rawness and the baring of her true feelings in front of her daughter was definitely heart wrenching. I felt for Caroline and just wanted to give her a great big hug.

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for allowing me to read and review this entertaining, emotional and enjoyable e-galley in exchange for an honest review. I highly recommend this book!