debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Eden (An Archer & Bennett Thriller) - Candice Fox

This was my first book by Candice Fox and while it could sometimes be a little hard to follow as there were no breaks telling you, okay, this is a change of scenery and a different character, I was able to catch on somewhat easily.

The story is about three missing girls from present time and a missing girl from decades ago. There are a lot of mean characters in this book and one bad ass girl. Because this is the second in the series, I'm not sure what this girl and Eric, whom I am assuming is her brother, has done in the past. Whatever it was, it involved the killing of six people. But, that did not hinder my enjoyment of the book, it only wants me to read the first one. Anyways, rather right or wrong, she is now working for the cops undercover trying to find the recently missing three girls.
Meanwhile her partner is keeping tabs on her and working on the cold case.

For me, this was a really good book that definitely kept my attention. If only because I was trying to figure out what the heck was going on. And all the suspects I considered in the present day cases were totally wrong. The ending was a total shocker. Not to say my suspects were completely innocent though, just not in the way I thought they were.

Anyway, enough rambling. If you understood any of this, this would be a great book for you, because it kind of reads the same way. I highly recommend it.

Thanks to Kensington and Net Galley for providing me with this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. There is a LOT of violence and some sexual innuendo for those of you who wonder.