debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Everybody Rise - Stephanie Clifford

3.5 stars. While I don't think this was an extraordinary debut, as described in the blurbs, it was okay. I wanted to put it down several times during the first third part of it, but I stayed with it. It did get better, but I didn't feel as though it got great. I mean, I was rooting for Evelyn all the way, but I knew there was a train wreck on the way. I'm surprised she wasn't actually kicked out of her apartment. She kept that facade up longer than I thought she would.

There were some fun parts in here and lots of sad parts. I gave the book 3.5 stars because 3 stars is what I thought the first part was and 4 stars is what I thought the last part was. While it finally did start become entertaining, it still felt kind of unbelievable. Like of like the author was forcing it on me or maybe I'm just overthinking it. As for recommending it? I just got to say, come to your own decision. It's one of those books your either gonna love it or hate it. Or in my case, it was just okay.

Thanks St. Martin Press and Net Galley for allowing me to read and review this book. I'm still on the fence about recommending it.