debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Pictures of the Past - Deby Eisenberg

I think this book started off pretty well and I was definitely interested in it at the beginning. Then it began talking about stuff that didn't affect the story at all. I would call it "a load of filler". And the sermon that the resistance guy was giving, seriously? I know I skipped like 12 pages during that part. Maybe a paragraph about how the man really touched Sarah, but the whole doggone thing?

I also found that either sentences or paragraphs were left out in my e-galley which definitely attributed to my confusion. I realize that's not the author's fault and did not consider it in my score.

I just really feel that there were a lot of things that could have been left out and it would not have messed with the story at all. For me, all the additional filler crap just kinda bored me and made me want to give up on the book. Which I did not, I feel like I could have read the first few chapters and the epilogue and got just as much of the story out of it without yawning so much.

Thanks Studio House Library and Net Galley for providing me with this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.