debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

Black-Eyed Susans: A Novel of Suspense - Julia Heaberlin

I was so excited, first of all to receive this book, and then to get time to read it. It did not live up to my excitement. The first 2/3's of the book had me wondering "what the hell is all the excitement about?" Half of it I didn't get but I kept reading it thinking it will all be told in the end.

For me, a psychological thriller should be thrilling from beginning to end. The only this the first part of this book had was the planting of the flowers. I kept reading though. With so many good reviews I had to think I was missing something, because there wasn't a lot going on that was just freaking me the freak out. As a matter of fact, I fell asleep, twice.

Now the ending, that was kick ass. No way I saw that coming, but the lead up to that ending could have been done shorter and better. For me, I think the high stars are reflective of the ending, not the journey it took to get there.

Thanks go to Random House/ Ballantine and Net Galley for providing me with this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.