debbiekrenzer

debbiekrenzer

This Is What I Want - Craig Lancaster

I really liked this story although it took me a while to get into into it. Since the setting takes place in a small town in Montana, population of almost 700, there were a lot of characters for the author to introduce. Not all 700, just the important ones. Duh!

After I finally figured out who was who, I really got into it. Small towns can be nothing but gossip mills and there's always some asshole who thinks he owns the town and makes all the rules. Grandview, the setting of this story was such a place. A lot of the story also dealt with the Jamboree which was an annual event the town had that brought in people from the surrounding small towns.

Anyways, this book was about the small town, the people of the small town, small town gossip, family traditions and values, emotional baggage, a son coming out of the closet, family problems, and a new cop that tried to uphold the law but was continuously interrupted by the asshole mayor. Yeah, that's it in a nutshell, mostly. And, it was a great book. I did not like the ending as I wasn't ready to leave Grandview, but I suppose every book must come to an end.

I want to thank Lake Union Publishing and Net Galley for the opportunity to read and review this very poignant and entertaining book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it!